Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hi, I'm Bracha Tova...

Bracha Tova is a Hebrew name. Bracha means Blessing and Tova means good.

I am a Blessing for the good, and so are you.

Why did I name my blog Bracha Tova?

I am a religious Jew and I am trying to recover from anorexia nervosa. This blog will be a reminder to me on my journey to recovery that I am indeed a Blessing for the GOOD.

This blog will document my journey through my recovery. How I'm doing, what is inspiring me, pieces of my journal, and other things I feel like sharing along the way! I also hope to share some of my writing and creative works.

Who am I? I am a 30 something year old woman, a balaas t'shuva, and I have anorexia. Anorexia has been my identity since around the age of 11. (I learned recently that this is NOT an identity but a lackthereof, thank you to my nutritionist for that one!) I like nature, writing, reading, art (painting, drawing, collage, and art museums), museums, singing, music, photography, Harry Potter, animals, poetry, sunsets, being outdoors, libraries, cozy things (like tea and flannels), and many other things too!

I look forward to your comments! Thanks for stopping by.

Bracha Tova

"Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers."
Veronica A. Shoffstall

4 comments:

  1. Lots of luck with your blog.
    May Hashem bless you a refuah Shalymah and with much Brucha, Hazlach, and Kol Tuv.
    Aba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aba, and Amen! May Hashem bless you and your family with all that is good. I hope you have a meaningful Yom Kippur, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bracha Tova, nice to see your new blog! Hatzlacha rabbah with it, as well as with your journey in life.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Something Different! Thank you for the Bracha, Amen! I am enjoying reading your blog, http://ablobofsomethingdifferent.blogspot.com
    You're very creative and I love your sense of humor!! I hope you had a very meaningful Yom Kippur and that all of your tefilos are answered for the good! Take care.

    ReplyDelete